Saturday, July 25, 2009

Decaf coffee?


I really don’t understand why they even have decaf for coffee. I have to say, the only place that I ever have a decaf coffee is in US. After coming back to my hometown country, I never had seen any coffee shop selling decaf coffee. This is one question that I still don’t get an answer. I did try out decaf coffee during my stay in US and I have to tell it really doesn’t taste like coffee. Perhaps that is the reason why some places just don’t sell it. It might sound strange but having a decaf coffee is just like having a non alcohol beer.

4 comments:

Petula said...

:) That's an interesting point. I think of decaf like I do the non-alcoholic beer: It's not something everyone can have so why should they be totally deprived. For instance, regular coffee hurts my daughter's stomach, but she loves it. So, she'll have a decaf version when she wants that taste. I - on the other hand - am a little addicted to coffee. LOL

Petula said...

Oh yea.... I love that cartoon!

alessandra said...

If you have an expresso made with decaf, the taste is almost the same than a regular coffee, but it won't keep you awake ;)

kumowai said...

As much as I love the taste of coffee, I pretty much want the kick too. That's the same as having beer that won't make you drunk.