Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reading from a book or reading from Scribd

I like to read. It doesn’t matter what kind of material it is, newspapers, magazine, books, blogs, website or pdf file as long as it’s interesting to me. Reading is a good hobby. The most basic and simple reading that we can get is from newspapers, magazines or books. Particularly from books the title or topic can be more precise. As for me most of my readings are online. I love to read from a book but sadly books are kind of expensive in my country. A fairly good book cost almost the same as 10 Mac D value meals. That is why I turn to the cheapest source of reading online.

Scribd is one of the sites that I found that have millions of document and readers. You can find books, presentations, documents and many other form of reading material. This is the site that I found most of my reading pleasure. Scribd is not just a place to read but also a community that you get to know people with the same interest. That will be reading of cause but most important thing is that you get to share your feelings and opinion with other readers, authors or even the publishers. You may even get to know with author of the book by checking out their bio and send them a message.

Although you can find many books to read at Scribd, but not all books are free. Still there are more than enough free to read material that can keep you busy for some time. You may choose to download the books for later viewing pleasure but there is a limit to the number of documents that you may download each day. You’ll have to wait for another 24 hours to continue download if you exceeded the limit. Download format can be in pdf file or in plain text file. Oh yes, you need to sign up before you’re allowed to download. Sign up is free so just go ahead.

If you think that you can write and have something to share with the world, Scribd provides the platform for you to do so. You can basically share anything as Scribd can transforms pdf, Word, PowerPoint and many other file formats into an elegant web display. If you’re really good, I mean good in producing a book or a journal, you can even consider selling your work as Scribd.

Scribd also has an interesting feature that allows others to embed documents into blog or web page. If you find something good that you like to share with your readers, you can do so by click on the Share & Embed tab above the document. You can share your findings at Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress or Blogspot.

For me, I just enjoy reading the books from Scribd, having something to read while enjoying the cup of coffee is just great for me.

No comments: