Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Decaffeinated Coffee

When I was a student in the US, I often come across the word “Decaf” for coffee. I never really understand it. I just know it doesn’t taste as good as the normal coffee and I can’t find any decaf back in my country. Out of curiosity, I did some research on the Internet and this is what I found. Decaf = decaffeinated coffee. Caffeine is a kind of mild stimulant that exists in coffee, tea and cocoa. That is why we drink more coffee to keep us awake when we need to work over night. Thus it is good to have it in the morning to really wake us up to go to work. For most people it is consider a good way to warm up their engine and complete their whole day work. But for some people the stimulant effect is just too much for them. Some people may not be able to sleep well because the brains are still active due to the consumption of the caffeine. I even have friends saying that their heart beats faster after having the coffee. Thus decaffeinated coffee was produce so that people still be able to enjoy the beverage without having the stimulant effect. I hope that the coffee industry in my country will consider making decaffeinated coffee too so that more people can enjoy the good coffee flavor. I’m sure there is a market for decaffeinated coffee. So the question is “Does this caffeine coffee bad for our health?”…. Well, just click on below links to find out.

Reference: Coffee Science Information Center


No comments: