Saturday, May 26, 2007

Writing...

I never thought that I would get into writing so much after graduated from school. Frankly speaking I did not enjoy writing during school time. Writing essay is the worst nightmare that I can ever imagine. It’s always the essay part that my grades are affected. Not to mention that there are 3 languages that I need to study at the same time and that makes it 3 essays. At that time I actually think that writing is difficult because you have to check the spelling, sentence structure and the points. Plus it took me a lot of time just to write out a thousand words essay. When teacher gave us a topic to write about, I need to find ideas and points to fill it up. It’s a bit boring because to me I feel like “This topic needs to have these 3 points, that topic needs those points”. If you memorize the points that you need for the entire topic, then you’ll be able to score a very high point. That is why I don’t like to write essay that time because it’s just something that you memorize and put it in. I never thought of why I have to do this as everybody is doing it. It is also better to do it this way because you could score high grades. I hate it so I end up with low grades. Well, at least I’m still able to make it all the way to college.

I started to like writing when I’m in college. It was the time when I start writing letters to my friends. It’s not much different then writing exams essay but this time I just wanted to share my feelings and thoughts with my friends. Nothing special, just writing what I’m thinking. It’s a totally different feeling of writing and I like it. Each and every words is coming from my mind without stopping, the joy of able to write what I want is great. There are a lot of things that we can’t or too embarrass to say it out loud is able to do it through writing. Sometimes a letter or an article is able to transfer your thoughts better then when you say it out. That’s the beauty of writing. We can draft and make changes or improvement before we send out or publish what we write. That is why I become to like it. Writing without a reason or expressing your thoughts is just too boring. That is why I don’t like it when I write to get good grades during school time. I was grateful that I do it because it helps to make me a better writer now. Maybe it was the intention or meaning or writing was not explained or teach well at that time. Will it be different if I was teach or told to write what I feel about the topic, instead of full fill the required points for the topic? May be then I will love writing more…

No comments: