Saturday, February 06, 2016

Why Starbucks like to supersize your coffee?

First of all I’m not a fan of Starbucks. There are basically two situations that make me step into Starbucks. First situation is I need a seat with power socket and WIFI enable for my laptop to do my work. Second is when my friends or colleague invited me to join them at Starbucks. Starbucks coffee taste is consider average but with a lot of varieties. One thing I don’t like about Starbucks is that they tend to persuade customers to supersize the orders. Did you notice that Starbucks don’t offer small size of cup? Actually they don’t call it small but short. The regular size is called Tall which is 12 ounces. They even have larger size which is call Grande and Venti. Both are size of 16 ounces and 10 ounces.

I love drinking coffee and I usually have it in small size. This means Starbucks don’t have the small size (8 ounces) that I want. I have no choice but to get the Tall size. This is the time the waiters tend to persuade me to get a larger size. The most common persuasion I heard is that it only cost a little bit of money and you’ll get a bigger cup. It is actually a very persuasive deal if you think about the price of the coffee. Unfortunately not everybody wants to drink a big cup of coffee. And if the person is unable to finish the large cup of coffee, it is a waste. Besides if you really want to enjoy the cup of coffee, it is not about the quantity but quality that matters. And coffee always tastes much better when you only have just enough to drink.

No comments: